How to install go-daddy ssl certificate on amazon load balancer
I was struggling around to install SSL Certificate on ELB. And finally i’ve made that. Following are the steps you need to follow.
Requirements & Prerequisites:
- Linux having openssl and apache installed.
- Open shell terminal on your Linux Box.
openssl genrsa -des3 -out private.key 1024 openssl req -new -key private.key -out www.your-web-site.com.csr
You will be prompt to provide some basic information. Make sure you have added “Common Name”; a fully qualified domain name. like “www.xyz.com”
- Open to GoDaddy and go to ssl management control panel
- Select your Certificate. And click on Re-Key button.
- Copy content of “www.your-web-site.com.csr” and paste the content in “CSR” field. And press Re-Key.
- It will prompt you to download the keys. Available options to download are Apache, Nginx and Other. By the way, i used “Other” to download my keys to be used on ELB.
- Now unzip the downloaded file. It should have two *.crt files.
Now back to your terminal.
openssl rsa -in private.key -out private.pem
Now you will have following files in your current location.
Now open your load balancer console and add https support. it will prompt you to add following values.
- Certificate Name:* -> Put any friendly name
- Private Key:* -> Paste content of private.pem
- Public Key Certificate:* -> Paste content of your-domain.com.crt.
- Certificate Chain: -> Paste content of sf_bundle.crt
Once done, Save all these values and here you go.